Petainer Innopac partners with Pune Mineral Water Association for healthy & safe drinking water
Mumbai, January, 2016: Petainer Innopac Packaging, today announced its collaboration with Pune Mineral Water Association to launch the petainerCooler™, a high quality 20L bulk Jar for the mineral water industry, which significantly improves the quality, consumer safety, increases strength & life cycles, reduces waste and drives significant supply chain gains (estimated economic savings of up to 30-40%). This collaboration will bring this game changing PET packaging solution for the water industry in Pune, with improved sustainability.
The Pune Mineral Water Association has 85 brands under its umbrella, out of which approximately 55 brands use the 20 litre bulk water jars. Based on the mutual understanding, the members have agreed to launch the petainerCooler™ Jar for the Pune market to promote healthy, sustainable and safe drinking water for the consumers. Petainer Innopac Packaging, provide customers with high quality, high performance and sustainable PET/plastics packaging solutions using the company’s advanced polymer engineering technology.
The alliance shows that Pune Mineral Water Association is extremely quality conscious, forward looking, continuously works towards consumer safety while enhancing the band image of the members. The extremely good looking, rigid and sparkling petainerCooler™ Jar is welcomed by the association and will be out in the Pune market in February.
Pune Mineral Water Association has also offered warehousing space to Petainer Innopac to store the Jars locally in Pune so that the members have easy, immediate and local access to the technology to meet any sudden surge in demands.
Vijay Singh Dubbal, President of Pune Mineral Water Association said, “The association constantly works towards reaching out and bringing to the members latest world class technologies which improve the quality of our packaging and makes our water safer for the consumers, while reducing our overall costs. We are pleased to associate with Petainer Innopac and to introduce the high performance packaging for our customers.”
Talking about this new collaboration, Atit Bhatia, Managing Director, Petainer Innopac Packaging, said, “The alliance resonates the feelings of the members of the Pune Mineral Water association who have welcomed this state of the art technology in their businesses to improve quality and consumer safety. We are very pleased with this association and look forward for working closely with our new Pune customers to deliver on our promise.”
Some of the important features of the 20 Litre bulk water cooler jar, petainerCooler™ are mentioned below:
- It is the lightest 20 litre container available today, weighing 627gms
- It meets the Indian BIS Standards and also meets migration test as per IS12252 and overall migration test as per IS9845
- Makes water safer – It is washable at high temperatures such as 63 degree Celsius which makes it germ free as a normal PET container can resist the heat up to 43 – 45 degree Celsius, wherein minimum temperature that eliminates microorganisms such as Apergillus from containers is 62 degree Celsius.
- It is seen that normal PET shows extremely high shrinkage rates if washed in high temperatures also it changes its color to yellow when exposed to sun. petainerCooler™ is highly heat resistance and has significant reduced shrinkage rates with high temperature washing, also more UV resistant when exposed to sun.
- Unlike other plastic packaging such as polycarbonate, petainerCoolers are BPA (an element that has harmful health effects on humans and is banned in countries like France etc) free.
- petainerCooler™ is stronger and robust compared to local PET and polycarbonate jars and it doubles the number of cycles. The standard PET can be reused at an average of 15 trips, the polycarbonate jars can be reused around 40 trips however the petainerCooler™ can be reused at an average of 60 trips. This also helps in bringing the total cost of ownership down by 30-40%.
- Influenced with Prime Minister’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan, with the longevity of the life of petainerCooler™, it reduces the packaging waste substantially. It decreases the overall cost and also facilitates high levels of reusability.
- It can be customized as per the requirement and imparts no flavour to drinking water.
About Petainer Innopac Packaging
Petainer Innopac Packaging is a joint venture between Petainer UK Holdings Ltd and Innopac Containers Pvt Ltd. The company manufactures high quality, high performance and sustainable PET/plastics packaging solutions. The aim is to deliver game changing solutions in the PET & Plastic packaging industry while reducing the carbon footprint from environment at reduced cost of ownership to the brand owners.
Petainer Innopac focuses significant attention on proprietary innovation, leveraging its core competency in high stretch polymer engineering, which provides high performance packaging solutions. The company has its head office in Delhi and they have recently launched their manufacturing unit in Mumbai. The manufacturing hub uses preforms made by Petainer in Europe and is equipped with world class blow molding equipment to provide better and on time deliverables to the market.
Petainer Innopac’s innovative 20 L petainerCooler-Jar for the water industry provides Economic savings of up to 30-40% to the brand owners by providing a high quality product which increases strength & life cycle, reduces waste and drives significant supply chain gains.
Petainer’s transformative effect can also be seen in the beer and wine market; petainerKeg™ is inexpensive for producers, reduces transport costs and environmental impact, without impacting taste.